Topic: Yamaha Clavinova CLP 370PE

Hello everybody,

this is my first post, I'm not an expert, English isn't my first language, so... I do hope you will be patient with me. :-)

I have Pianoteq Play, a Clavinova CLP 370PE, the YC5 addon and I play the Blues.

Which velocity curve  and which setting would you suggest, in order to get a traditional Blues  and Boogie Woogie feeling (ex. Pinetop Smith, Jimmy Yancey, Otis Spann etc.)

I tried the CLP 230 velocity curve that's available here, but I found it too dark and mellow.  I would prefer something brighter.

Thanks in advance.
Regards.
b-52

Re: Yamaha Clavinova CLP 370PE

b-52 wrote:

Which velocity curve  and which setting would you suggest, in order to get a traditional Blues  and Boogie Woogie feeling (ex. Pinetop Smith, Jimmy Yancey, Otis Spann etc.)

I tried the CLP 230 velocity curve that's available here, but I found it too dark and mellow.  I would prefer something brighter.

Thanks in advance.
Regards.
b-52

Hi b-52,

Would you upload a midi file of you playing your CLP and I'll see what I can come up with for you. It doesn't have to be perfect, just an example of how you would usually play. I will then run your midi file through pianoteq and make adjustments. If we work on this together we should be able to get the sound and feel you are looking for.

Chris

Hi Chris,

thank you very much!
I'm going to send you an email.

Thanks again.
Regards.
Adalberto

b-52 wrote:

Hi Chris,

thank you very much!
I'm going to send you an email.

Thanks again.
Regards.
Adalberto

Hi Adalberto

I have received your e-mailed midi file. Nice playing! Would you mind also sending me an mp3 of your desired sound i.e. a short recording of someone playing the piano sound you like?

Thank you,

Chris

Last edited by sigasa (16-11-2010 20:28)

Hi Chris,

Last night I played your first .fxp file for a couple of hours and I do like it: the touch, the sound and the feeling are very good and pleasant.

Good job! :-)

Regards.
Adalberto

b-52 wrote:

Hi Chris,

Last night I played your first .fxp file for a couple of hours and I do like it: the touch, the sound and the feeling are very good and pleasant.

Good job! :-)

Regards.
Adalberto

Adalberto

Is there any further work you'd like me to do? Or are you completely satisfied with the .fxp I sent? I'm happy to work further if need be.

Chris

Thank you, Chris!

Yes, I am completely satisfied with your .fxp file.

In the afternoon I'm going to try the velocity curve with other pianos, just to see what happens.

Thanks again and all the best from
Adalberto

b-52 wrote:

Thank you, Chris!

Yes, I am completely satisfied with your .fxp file.

In the afternoon I'm going to try the velocity curve with other pianos, just to see what happens.

Thanks again and all the best from
Adalberto

You're welcome Adalberto