Topic: what sound system used

what sound system was used in the design of pianoteq

Re: what sound system used

we are using various systems among which Genelec, Dynaudio and M-audio monitors, AKG, Sennheiser and Sony headphones, Mbox and M-audio soundcards, Roland and Yamaha keyboards...

We are using ADAM S2.5A which has a ribbon tweeter for high frequency.
The new series have improved ribbon technology thus no mere sibilancy problems like at the initial models. If you like the ribbon sound you will never miss it.
(If you don't like the ribbon sound, go for Genelec or Dynaudio - like Pianoteq do it)

Even frequency response, bass down to 36 Hz (-3 dB), only 13 kg, overload protection, our version has magnetic shilding also.
Character: in spite of studio monitor in direction to home HiFi, neutral (without "cool bass enhancing"), similar to AKG K271 studio headophone.
All intruments (acoustic & synth, MOOG) sound great, not only Pianoteq, also lowest key of church organ (32 Hz).
We use it at home as well as for small gigs as full range. The only problem at gigging is the unprotected bass drive (it is designed for studio). However, no PA is able to provide this sound quality.

As a new person playing, I put my system together using the New Blue Sky EXO.  I paid a little over $300 and it has great sound over the full piano range and its Sub gives great base sound in 20X35 foot room. 

I would be interested to hear other peoples impression of Blue Sky EXO compared the other systems I have been reading people use?

Bill

blue sky looks great how is it on mids. have you experienced the Yamaha HS50M monitors

Has anyone had experience with AER active monitors?   I have heard some positive remarks about the AER Model: AG8.

What might be considered the best compact active speaker system for performing with Pianoteq in small to mid-sized recitals?

in the old days the mesa boogie would be my choice you can still purchase them on e bay (tube amp) they're compact and give a punch I had them all this sits on top

http://www.mesaboogie.com/