Topic: looking for a classical (with knowledge of contempoary music) pianist.

Ok!

I hope Niclas and the rest of the team won't mind this... It's not pianoteq related, but since pianoteq is a great software for pianists, I assume that there are serious pianists around here.

Here is the deal:

I have a 15 page contemporary classical piece, which is... way above grade 8 difficulty. It's damn difficult, in short. The score is in pdf and there is a... non-ok mp3 version done a few years back with giga piano (brrrrrrrrr...)

I am looking someone who would be willing to take it upon him/her to play the piece and record it actually.

I am willing to cover any expenses (which goes without saying), but don't think I can stretch too much and pay any considerable amount really. I could come up with a tiny amount, but this is personal and there is no budget to begin with.

You are most welcome to take a look at the score in pdf format and the mp3, to judge for yourselves if you're up to:

www.nikolas-sideris.com/stuff/perniciosus.pdf
www.nikolas-sideris.com/stuff/perniciosus.mp3

Nikolas

PS. I have great faith in pianoteq actually, and the part requires the use of resonance playing, extensively at one point. Would you think that a mock-up would come very close to a real performance? If so, I'm up for the challenge

Re: looking for a classical (with knowledge of contempoary music) pianist.

hmm...

I don't think I'll found one so easily.

Any ideas on where I could search maybe? :S

maybe you can try http://www.pianoworld.com/ubb/ubb/ultimatebb.php

Thank you!

Never knew of that forum! Will do so, right now!

Much appreciated!

Good luck Nikolas, and please keep us updated, would love to hear it...

What kind of rendering of the piece do you want? And for what purpose?

I use a musically intelligent notation program, Overture 4 (www.geniesoft.com) which understands, and knows how to render, a wide range of expression markings for a variety of (VSTi) sound libraries and (MIDI) synthesizers. With sufficient user effort it can create a "performance" (recordable) which is an improvement on the mechanical-sounding products associated with computers. (Within the limitations of MIDI, which is the current data interchange format between notation programs and third-party VSTi instruments). To get the piece  into Overture you could use the SharpEye musical OCR software (www.visiv.co.uk).

Alternatively, there are people called session musicians.

Hi Fogwall!

Thank you for posting. Will definately share, once it's done (and once I find the person... brrrr...)

hyper.real.

The purpose is for the track to go into a self published CD with another 5 live recordings (studio and concert) of contemporary classical music and sold as well as sent to radio stations. So the rendering would have to be miraculous in order to work, since it will be amongst 5 live tracks.

I use Cubase, myself and the mp3 provided is done (in a real haste of course) in cubase 2 and Giga piano (such an old piano...)

Thanks

also: guillaume: I found the pianoworld forums and find them most enjoyable. Like my lost innocence or something. Back to the basics. Piano... YAY! Thank you for the link mate.