Topic: Progressive Sustain Pedal

I can't seem to find a single progressive sustain pedal.
Who makes one?

Re: Progressive Sustain Pedal

Maybe the Roland DP10.
http://www.zzounds.com/item--ROLDP10

Thanks Doug, I'll look into that.
Half-damper compatible....
I wonder if Pianoteq would understand whatever half-damper message this pedal sends?

I would like to share you all you my idea for a progressive sustein for Pianoteq with a controller to adjust imput and output ranfe. this way we could increase the range of sensibility, making the use of halph sustein more esay to achive.  By now the halph sustein response on pianoteq  it's a bit difficult to get since it is sensible just to a narrow movement of the midi pedal controller.
    Maybe it is just as a real piano, that have a narrow movment range of sensibility too.

But to give a little help for who is not a expert pianist, maybe woth it. :-)

I sugest roland pedal for who is searching for a sutein pedal with progressive ability.

Beto-Music wrote:

Maybe it is just as a real piano, that have a narrow movment range of sensibility too.

But to give a little help for who is not a expert pianist, maybe woth it. :-)

Although you are right that most real pianos do indeed have a very small range where the half-pedalling is effective, they also have feedback to the pedal.  That is you can (with practice) feel the dampers lifting, and even (quite quickly) judge a useful degree of "lightening" the dampers.

So, given I know of no electronic sustain pedals that give feedback, your request is very reasonable. 

What would be ideal is a sort of velocity curve on the sustain pedal, where we could define full-on, and full-off as something other than 127 and 0 (much like in real life), and also define the effect and extent of the "half-pedal" zone, in which a "realistic" effect is not useful without feedback.

Thank you for reply.  Maybe we should sugest manufatures to create a midi susteinpedal with feedback.  But key Scapment it's already very rare today, only in expensive models.

Beto-Music wrote:

Thank you for reply.  Maybe we should sugest manufatures to create a midi susteinpedal with feedback.  But key Scapment it's already very rare today, only in expensive models.

Tell me about it! And Yamaha seemed to have stopped making their extremely expensive GranTouch range that used a genuine GrandPiano action monitored digitally to give the proper feel.  Mind you, it was:

(i) extremely expensive
(ii) totally non-portable
(iii) combined with only 32-polyphonic 3-stage sampled piano sound - which only allowed 16 stereo keys to sound at once

Imagine if we could have coupled that keyboard with Pianoteq.  I want it! (just not at that price)

Niclas once told me about how fabulous was Yamaha Grand Touch.

Roland models with Scapmenmt seens ok, according reviews, but have prastic keys. If they create one with wooden keys...   
   Scapament in digital pianos are still quite new feature, so I thinks that's why they only equiped expansive digital pianos with it. It's to estimulate people buy the expensive ones.
   I think they will not add the scapment on controllers or compact models soon.

In a similar way they keep the price of midi sensors, to intall in real piano, very high, more expansive than most compact digital pianos.