Topic: Hermode tuning in Logic

Logic has a variety of tuning (temperament) choices in its 'project setting: MIDI' pane. These seem to have no effect on Pianoteq, though they certainly affect Logic's own instruments.

Specifically, I'd like to try Hermode tuning with Pianoteq. Is this possible?

Re: Hermode tuning in Logic

I have not checked, but Logic is probably using real-time midi tuning messages in order to achieve that. Right now, these messages are not handled by Pianoteq, but we will implement that in a future release (that was already in our todo list)

Thanks, Julien. That must be some mighty todo list you have.

When you started this project, did you think it would get so complicated so fast?

Well I can't say we are completely surprised. I know for sure that every software project starts on a clean and simple base, and then progressively becomes more complicated when features not anticipated are added. It is especially hard to keep the user interface simple and consistent while adding features. So we have to keep working on pianoteq, improving the sound, and improving the code I must say that threads like the Wishlist for Pianoteq V2.x are a great source of feedback for us

I have played around a bit with hermode once, and I can say it sounds weird to me. Not that I'd prefer equal temperament (sp?) over perfect intervals, But hermode changes intervals in between (it has to), and that is quite strange.