Topic: Yamaha KX8

Velocity = [0, 112; 4, 127]

Note -this is the newer Yamaha controller and is very different than their previous KX88.  I set the velocity curve of the keyboard to normal.  There are settings for soft and harder and they effect the middle range but not so much the end ranges.

A note about this controller: So far I believe it's the best controller I've used due to the fact that it is easy to get the dynamic velocity response I want from soft to loud -and it is fast.  But it does feel less like an acoustic mechanism that even my older Fatar/Studiologic.  I find that the current mechanical triggering method used by controllers just doesn't work as efficiently when trying to emulate the real deal.  The KX8 has a shorter key throw and is a bit lighter and springier.. but this allows me to play faster with better touch.

Last edited by Cellomangler (25-03-2010 10:01)
"Downing a fifth results in diminished capacity."

Re: Yamaha KX8

There are newly launched yamaha kx8 model,the new model include many features based on a range of innovative features with advanced software integration and connectivity via a single USB cable, these control keyboards help create an efficient environment that supports traditional music production workflow.