Topic: Pianotec newbie

I tried Pianotec out, free trial that is, so I purchased the box version.  I liked it, trial version, so I am hoping when I get it, it will be as good as what I heard on the trial version.  Is Pianotec 3 the new version, that is what I purchased.  On this web page it is advertised as Pianotec 3.5.  I am using an on board sound card, 24 bit on a Asus M2N32-SLI motherboard with 3 gig AMD  dual core processor and 1 gig of ram, and  Windows XP 2.  I am using an RD 150 Roland digital keyboard, not the best, but that is why I bought Pianoteq, to up the anti in piano sound.  And I am using a standard E-MU Midi to USB cable from Keyboard to PC.   I noticed with Pianoteq there wasn't much timing problems or latency issues, and I thought that was amazing with the cheap sound card in my motherboard.  I built the PC myself, it was built for gaming, but I thought I would try music production on it.  I shopped around and the Pianoteq was the best I heard.  I actually liked it.  I am now looking for a better soundcard, is there one anyone reccomends for my PC.  I am thinking of a PCI card, but I am open to ideas.  I looked at the Delta cards, but the 100 dollar range didn't seem like what I wanted, and if I am gonna spend big bucks on software, I better get a decent sound card.  Thanks!

Last edited by PianoBoy (04-03-2010 23:12)