Topic: Instead of controllers...

First I new to the forum.  I have known for a long time that something like physical modelling or a very sophisticated additive synthesis system would be better for a digital piano than sampling.

Anyway, I would like to see some company license Pianoteq software and put it in to a digital piano instrument.  Of course it would need to be able to load updates as they are developed.  I would rather have a dedicated 88 note piano with the software inside rather than having to also take a PC on a gig.  I would also like not having any latency issues by not depending on MIDI to connect a controller to a PC or laptop.

Of course it would need to have some sort of screen that would allow a user to access all the parameters that the PC version has.

Bill

Re: Instead of controllers...

Hi Bill,

That indeed would be cool, however, this means that you actually need a windows/osx compatible pc inside the keyboard.
I find using a laptop the next best thing. I have no issues with latency - and I use the internal sound card with the ASIO4ALL driver. It is not fool proof though - from time to time the midi driver fails, which sucks during a performance - but then I use the backup sound from my roland keyboard (which is magnitudes of order inferior to pianoteq).
Plus having the laptop screen at hands reach is very useful - I read some charts directly from the screen (via pdf) so I don't have to carry sheets. This makes it an all-in-one music machine ...

good luck
Eran

M-Audio Profire 610 / Roland Fp-3 / Reaper / PianoTeq!
www.myspace.com/etalmor

I want an Apple-branded board with a slot for an iPod Touch with OSX and, of course, Pianoteq, B4 and Logic running on it. Then all the necessary sliders and buttons to control it and 88 beautifully weighted keys..

Oh, I'd also like enough money to afford one.

etalmor wrote:

Hi Bill,

That indeed would be cool, however, this means that you actually need a windows/osx compatible pc inside the keyboard.
I find using a laptop the next best thing. I have no issues with latency - and I use the internal sound card with the ASIO4ALL driver. It is not fool proof though - from time to time the midi driver fails, which sucks during a performance - but then I use the backup sound from my roland keyboard (which is magnitudes of order inferior to pianoteq).
Plus having the laptop screen at hands reach is very useful - I read some charts directly from the screen (via pdf) so I don't have to carry sheets. This makes it an all-in-one music machine ...

good luck
Eran

Eran,
     Yes I realize that it would have to be running Windows.  Something like the Open Labs Neko would be perfect, EXCEPT, they don't have an 88 key model, nor piano touch on the 76 key model.

Perhaps a modified version could run on a non-Windows environment, for another company to make a dedicated digital piano with.

Bill

There are VST hosts that don't require an operating system; e.g. Muse Research's
Reactor. So it looks like you can have Pianoteq in a DP without running Windows
or another OS (although the VST host may run Linux without you noticing it).

HI, take a look at:
http://www.linuxdevices.com/articles/AT7270104304.html

Muse Research used Linux and the open source WINE Windows emulator
to host vsti´s.

Arturia will launch a dsp hardware of his plugins. Arturia origin.
Why not a partnership?

Make a hardware of windows plugins is more dificult. Especific programming tools, something assembler code and hardware development.

Ricardinho wrote:

HI, take a look at:
http://www.linuxdevices.com/articles/AT7270104304.html

Muse Research used Linux and the open source WINE Windows emulator
to host vsti´s.

Arturia will launch a dsp hardware of his plugins. Arturia origin.
Why not a partnership?

Make a hardware of windows plugins is more dificult. Especific programming tools, something assembler code and hardware development.

So you're saying that maybe the Muse could run Pianoteq and then be played on a controller with a good action?

Yes. Pianoteq runs on receptor with your favorite controller.

look at pianoteq news:

2007-10-03: Native Receptor version now available

Pianoteq is now available to registered Receptor users as a native Receptor plug-in: http://www.plugorama.com/customer/produ...ductid=568 Until Dec 31 Muse Research offers a free crossgrade to all current Pianoteq customers.

God Bless u.

doug wrote:

I want an Apple-branded board with a slot for an iPod Touch with OSX and, of course, Pianoteq, B4 and Logic running on it. Then all the necessary sliders and buttons to control it and 88 beautifully weighted keys..

Oh, I'd also like enough money to afford one.

Cool! An Apple music keyboard (with a Steinway action?)! Inside, I'd like slots for motherboard, Hard disks etc. like in the MacPro -- for easy upgrades. That'd be the ultimate answer to the famous "lonely island" question...