Topic: MIDI controller assignments get lost

Hello,

I am using Pianoteq since some days now. It's a great piece of software.

I like to use the controllers on my Clavia keyboard, they send volume control on channel #7, there is an additional CC controller on #33 which I would like to use for reverb. When I assign those controllers to the corresponding funktions all works fine. If I change the preset the assignments get lost. Tried to store them in an FXP but they still get lost.

What am I doing wrong?

Cheers,

Rainer

Re: MIDI controller assignments get lost

I had the same problem. I solved it by saving the 'midi-enabled' patches in my sequencer (GarageBand) and using them as masters rather than saving from the Pianoteq window, which doesn't seem to hold the settings, but it was a huge nuisance and I, too, would like a better way. Why not just a global MIDI setting that would apply to all patches?

I agree, the current way of handling midi cc assignment is not satisfying for anyone, we will fix that for the next version.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but it also seems that none of the settings in "options" menu are saved between sessions (such as the various noise levels, program change and release velocity behavior etc.). Every time you launch the application, you have to set the options again.

(Pianoteq 2.0.1 on Mac OS X 10.4.9)

EDIT: I just realized that you *CAN* save all the options and other settings to an FXP file, which is great! You still have to manually load or select the settings file you want, but that's just a few clicks away. A suggestion: it would be great, if you could save your favourite (most often used) settings under a predefined name (like "default.fxp" or something similar) and Pianoteq would automatically load this file when it starts.

Thanks for your answers. Up to now I used the standalone version only. I will try it with the plug-in in my VSThost again, perhaps this helps.

Rainer