Topic: Prospect setup for PTQ...

Hello everyone! Eversince I hear what PTQ can do with just a simple midi controller I was amazed. Thanks for making this product.
I currently own a Yamaha CVP-309 and Im currently trying to select "small" compact keyboard to use it with exclusively with PTQ.
So far there are a couple of Yamahas and a Roland FP-7 as the main options. (The yamahas because they already include the three (3) pedals controllers.
But (there's always a 'but) I wonder: which keyboard is best in terms of quality, low latency and piano 'feel'? What would be good choices in terms of sound monitors? Is it better to use a laptop that a desktop computer for PTQ? Has anyone tried a Clavinova with PTQ?

THanks for your kind help. :-)

Guillermo

Re: Prospect setup for PTQ...

Hi

I have a Clavanova Clp-670 and a Dell Optiplex (small form factor SFF) computer with 3 Ghz Intel 4 and one gig of memory.  I chose the Dell recently because I wanted a small computer (this is half-way between a laptop and a regular sized machine.  It  works great with its built-in sound drive.  The computer was not too expensive.  It was a rehab server computer and cost about $250.00.  I added a small lcd screen and a usb "thumb mouse" - - and use the accessibility keyboard which comes with Windows XP. 

Only had this a couple weeks.  It handles pianoteq very well and I put it on "standby" rather than turning it off, so it starts up in seconds - ready to go.

Rod Phillips