Topic: Physical Outputs

Just wanted to thank Modartt again for an excellent Piano instrument.
I have started performing in Surround using Sonniccore XITE-1, Bidule, Kontakt and PianoTeq 3.5.
We are trying to reproduce the 12.1 Sound many Theaters use, but 7.1 is what we decided to use.
6 x Barbetta 41 cabinets, 1 x Barbetta Sub and a Barbetta Sona 32.
I am stoked and wished I had this a long time ago.
The Piano can be panned across all cabinets using the Z-Plane Matrix Surround Panner and I don't even need the complicated Surround mixers that are stock with the XITE-1.
I just use the tool to supply levels to the various outputs, and can even use Spiral patterns that grow in size or the Lorenzo Attractor module for a mix of random or patterns.
In short having the Piano already on 5 channels gives it an incredible sound.
The Doppler patterns are also amazing as they are left to right, from front to back and even from Sub to Center channel it's insane.
For my European brethren if you get a chance to demo an XITE-1 1U DSP rack, go for it.
It's an extremly powerful 1U DSP rack that works off of a laptop or in my case a powerful 4U DAW.
No offence, but I disable the reverb in PTeq and use the DSP as it is quite deep and an awesome mate for Modartt.
I have never had such an awesome sounding Rhodes and Upright Piano emulation. ( The Grand is just too pretty and perfectly tuned for my tatses )..

You guys are killing me..........Thank You So Much.

5 Channels is the only way to run Pteq Pro.

Happy New Year Mon Frere's.

Last edited by teamsterjim (02-01-2010 22:25)
Hardware Analog, DSP, PhysMod. VSTi Romplers....